Save money on your electricity bill
You know that feeling when your bills – ηλεκτρολόγοι Αθήνα – are issued and there are extreme charges on them? It is a real bummer when you have to pay a lot of money on your electricity bills. In fact, there is a number of ways that you can avoid these extreme amounts of money, and we have them ready for you to read! We have prepared a list of things you can do to save money on your electricity bill, so do not stall and start reading!
Unplug your devices
Even when a laptop is turned off, its transformer continues to consume power. Therefore, plug it into a power strip with a switch and turn off the switch, or unplug it when not in use, unless you want to charge its battery. Unplug the chargers when the appliance is fully charged, as they are still consuming power.
Make your house energy saving-friendly
The first thing to make sure that your house is “green” is to ensure that you have installed proper insulation. When your house is properly insulated, the heat from your heating system and the cold air from your fans or air conditioners will stay in the rooms for longer. This way, the devices do not have to work all day, as you do not lose any of this heat (or cold air).
Use fans instead of air conditioning devices
Prefer to cool using a fan (especially ceiling). Even when using an air conditioner, using the ceiling fan will offer you the same comfort by setting the air conditioner thermostat to a higher temperature.If you choose to use an air conditioner make sure you have got an inverter. Inverter units consume less energy than the old ones and makes you save money on your electricity bill!
Close and open your windows
When it is not that hot in your house, choose to open your windows instead of running the a/c unit or your fan. This way, you are going to consume less energy, without freezing. Same goes for the colder days. When it is chilly during spring close your windows firstly before turning your heat units on.
Get your A+ appliances
Use your lamps correctly
For outdoor lighting use luminaires with energy saving lamps, solar panel and motion detector to turn them on. This way you will have autonomous lighting without cost of use. Low-energy light bulbs (CFLs) use only 20% of the energy of a standard light bulb. Replacing old light bulbs is an easy way to save energy. Using LED bulbs can save up to 90% of the electricity consumed by a common incandescent bulb.
Use your appliances wisely
Fill your washing machine and also make sure that you shut the tap when you are washing your dishes. Try to fully fill the washing machine tub, so that you make better use of the energy spent on each wash. If you need to put less clothes, adjust your machine’s programs for less water or choose a shorter program.
Another great tip is to let the dishes dry on their own on a rack instead of using the drying program of the washer.
- Prefer a solar water heater. The savings of electricity needed for hot water reach 60% and can save up to 9% on the total electricity bill.
- Turn off the stove or oven for about 20 minutes before cooking is complete and let the remaining heat do the rest.
- Keep the oven door closed during cooking. Temperature losses can even reach 25 degrees each time you open and close it.
- Make sure that the kitchen utensils fit properly in the kitchen hobs. You waste 20-30% more heat and electricity when the base of the pan is 1-2 cm smaller than the hob. Using the pressure cooker saves 30-60% electricity and 80% time.
- For heating small quantities of food, prefer, if you have, the microwave oven because it saves electricity and time.
Set the refrigerator thermostat to 7 ° C in the storage chamber and -18 ° C in the freezer. This saves up to 15% electricity.
- The refrigerator consumes a lot of energy because it works 24 hours a day. The energy label of all modern electrical appliances gives us information about its energy efficiency. Choose a device with low energy consumption.
- According to IEA data, in the standby phase of electrical appliances, electricity equal to 5% to 15% of household electricity consumption is wasted internationally.